Entry Level Developer
From its inception in 1988 and at its core, Abacus Health Solutions has been a research and development firm. Today Abacus translates evidence-based medicine to real world interventions for our clients and their employees.
A strong behavioral science background shapes the development of all our solutions. Abacus uses these strengths and an experienced team of healthcare experts, technologists, and clinicians to develop and deploy innovative health behavior change tools and targeted programs to help employers control rising healthcare costs and provide high quality health benefits that optimize the health and productivity of their workforce. Abacus works with every client to develop a program that fits the needs and goals of each unique organization. We are excited and passionate about the work we do and the success of our programs has enabled our recent growth.
We have an opening for a dynamic Application Developer who is passionate about what they do and looking to gain a wealth of experience with different development technologies. This position will primarily support our customer-facing and internal business process applications. We offer a pleasant, safe, and secure working environment combined with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Write and maintain C# windows, responsive web, and mobile applications
- Maintain appropriate security standards with regard to data storage and communications
- Documentation of key systems and processes as appropriate
- Be available to assist on other development projects as needed
The ideal candidate will possess SOME of the following skills and have a desire to learn about the others:
- Working knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, MVC, and Visual Studio
- Experience with consuming RESTful API’s using OAuth
- Clear understanding of software development lifecycle (Agile, Waterfall, etc…)
- Prior use of mobile development tools and languages (Android or iOS)
- SharePoint experience is a plus
- Exposure to a NoSQL or “Big Data” database technology
- Healthcare background or experience a plus, but not essential
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated capacity to work in a small team or independently as necessary
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Experience: 1+ years experience (including relevant coursework)Recent college graduates welcome to apply.
Please forward cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer.