Entry-Level Data Specialist
From its inception in 1988 and at its core, Abacus Health Solutions has been a research and development firm. Today Abacus translates evidence-based medicine to real world interventions for our clients and their employees.
A strong behavioral science background shapes the development of all our solutions. Abacus uses these strengths and an experienced team of healthcare experts, technologists, and clinicians to develop and deploy innovative health behavior change tools and targeted programs to help employers control rising healthcare costs and provide high quality health benefits that optimize the health and productivity of their workforce. Abacus works with every client to develop a program that fits the needs and goals of each unique organization. We are excited and passionate about the work we do and the success of our programs has enabled our recent growth.
We have an opening for a dynamic ETL Data Specialist who is passionate about what they do and looking to gain a wealth of experience with different database and development technologies. This position will primarily support our Enterprise Data Store processes and internal business analytic operations. We offer a pleasant, safe, and secure working environment combined with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Write and maintain SQL stored procedures, SSIS jobs, and scripts.
- Data Warehouse ETL process maintenance
- Coordinate data requests and communications with multiple external sources, including clients, vendors and partners in order to make data available for internal analysis
- Assist data analysts in fulfilling requests for ad-hoc reporting or data aggregation and analysis
- Maintain appropriate security standards with regard to data storage and communications
- Documentation of key systems and processes as appropriate
- Be available to assist on other development projects as needed
The ideal candidate will possess SOME of the following skills and have a desire to learn about the others:
- Experience with SQL Server and Integration Services (SSIS) packages
- High comfort level with SQL Server Data Tools environment
- Experience working with text file manipulation or parsing
- Strong knowledge of correct Relational Database (RDBMS) design concepts
- Excellent Transact-SQL knowledge (SQL 2012)
- Understanding of Data Warehouse topics (ETL, analysis tools, etc…)
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence and Analytic Workflows
- Exposure to a NoSQL or “Big Data” database technology a plus
- PowerPivot and/or SSAS Tabular Experience
- Data Visualization experience
- Healthcare background or experience a plus, but not essential
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated capacity to work in a small team or independently as necessary
- Education: Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent training and industry experience
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Experience: 2+ years
Please forward cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer.